Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Prepare Day 2

Psalm 8
1. What God said to me today through His Word...
Verses 3-4 really stuck out to me.  (For those of you who may not know why these verses stick out to me see my 2nd blog entry ever.)  It is hard to fathom just how BIG all of God's creation is; yet He knows us and cares for us!  In the vastness of time and space, He knows every little detail about me...even better than I know myself!  He placed me here in this place at this exact time for a reason.  I may not know exactly what that is or where God will take me next, but He does and has had it in mind since before the beginning of time.  I don't know if I am capable in this earthly limited body to fully comprehend how that is possible.  God is BIG, but cares about the minutest details!
2. What I saw God do today...
He helped me be patient with some people who can be very trying in my life and not want to get moody back.  This is a difficult area in my life.  It is so hard to treat others who 99.9% of the time treat you mean with graciousness and kindness.  I (with God's help) desire to improve on how I respond towards others.
3. My prayer for today...
Thank You, God, for making all the beautiful things big and small for us to enjoy.  It is wonderful to think that I am so important to You.  Thank you for giving me grace in dealing with my difficult people today.  Please continue to give me the strength, persistence, and grace to continue to do so even if they never come around and treat me respectfully.  I thank You that You never turned Your back on me!  

1 What are your thoughts?:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that you are in a delight and strong study. May you continue you to grow in your love of God. Love, Aunt Lois