Monday, March 30, 2009

Prepare Day 25

Psalm 38
1. What God said to me today through His Word...
Am I troubled by my sin?  Do I long to confess my sin to God?  Like David, do I seek God's forgiveness with all my being?
2. What I saw God do yesterday...
Yesterday, I witnessed about a dozen or so people accept Jesus as their Savior during the 3rd service at church!  If I heard right, there were about another 2-3 dozen people who made commitments during the first and second service!  (Just in case you're wondering...I attend a church that has around 2300 regular attendance.  Even though it is a large church, it doesn't feel that big.)
3. My prayer for today...
Lord, I celebrate with You for the people who have accepted You as their personal Savior yesterday.  I pray that they will earnestly seek after You and grow in relationship with You.  Give them excitement and fill them with Your Holy Spirit.  May they tell others about You and what You have done and are doing in their lives.  
I thank You for getting me through this tough day and pray Your blessing and strength on the rest of this week as well.  Give me the patience, knowledge, and strength that I need for each moment.  
I lift up a friend's cousin to You right now.  She really needs Your guidance and strength to do the right thing.  I pray that she would not try to make up for one mistake by eliminating this life that is growing inside of her.  This baby has a purpose.  I bind up the spirit of fear that she seems to be allowing to making decisions for her.  Protect this young lady and her baby.  I pray for my friend that she would be a positive influence.  Amen.

1 What are your thoughts?:

Arlona Mc said...

Father, I want to pray in agreement with Jennifer regarding the life of this baby and the mother. It is You who gives life and I pray that this mother will allow this baby to live and if it is your will that she will give the baby the gift of adoption so that some infertile couple may have the baby of their dreams.