John 8:1-11
1. What God said to me today through His Word...
In today's passage there seems to be a line between condoning sin and condemning or being judgmental of the person. Jesus was not condoning the woman's sin when He said that He did not condemn her either; yet He didn't condone it either. He told her to go and sin no more. I have a tendency to make judgements of people in an effort to not want to look like I am condoning what they may be doing. How many times though, do I make judgements with a big ol' plank in my eye? I will be the first to tell you that I am NOT perfect! No I am not the little miss "goody two-shoes" that some have believed me to be. Jesus was able to give grace and forgiveness without condoning the behavior. We need to learn how to follow His example. People tend to respond to love and care than judgement.
2. What I saw God do today...
Brought out the sun to clear up a rainy dreary day.
3. My prayer for today...
Lord, thank You for Your grace and forgiveness. Show me how to have grace and forgiveness towards others instead of judging and criticizing them. Help me to take the plank out of my eye so that I can see You more clearly. Give me wisdom in how to handle sticky situations with a balance of grace without condoning the sin.





0 What are your thoughts?:
Post a Comment