Monday, March 2, 2009

Prepare Day 1

My church has put together a 40-day study to prepare for Easter. The first day is today. There is a passage of Scripture to read and then the following three statements. 
Today's passage is Genesis 1:1-2:3
1. What God said to me today through His Word...
Even God rested after six days of work; I need to take time to not only rest from daily activities, but also learn to "be" in Him and spend quality and quantity time with my Creator.
2. What I saw God do yesterday...
-God was able to take 2 complicated situations and merge them together creating a non-complicated situation
-God reached out to me and my family through His children (my small group) to care for, pray for, and bless me and my family during this time of loss.
3. My prayer for today...
Lord Jesus, teach me to take time to really rest in You; to allow you to soften my heart and take hold of my life. Give me eyes to see and ears to hear You and what You have for me. I want to really learn who You are and not just facts about You. I seek to have You be LORD of my life. Thank You for your patience with me. Amen

2 What are your thoughts?:

Arlona Mc said...

Thanks for sharing. I am also reading a booklet by Chuck Swindoll for the 40 days before Easter, but mine started last Thursday. Aunt Lois posted today. Love, Aunt Arlona

Sarah M. said...

I guess I haven't been around for a while! I have a bit of catching up to do!