1. What God said to me today through His Word...
This passage lays out the basics of the Gospel message. Verse 16 one of the very first verses I learned as a young child. It has become so familiar to so many, that I wonder if we skip over it so easily and don't really stop to see the wonder of it all. God loved US so very much, that He decided to sacrifice His Son in a most brutal was for us! He didn't come as this domineering God to condemn us...He came to forgive us and love us! However, He does not force us to return His love or believe in Him. He wants so much to have a growing relationship; in order to have a relationship that is great, it can not be forced. It is offered free to us (all we have to do is believe), BUT...it did come with a steep price that Jesus Christ was willing to pay for us!
2. What I saw God do today...
When I was walking out my back door to go to work this morning, I paused to take in the beauty and wonder of two bright red cardinals playing in my yard. God created these beautiful birds (my favorite) as well as the songs that they sang. I really enjoyed it.
3. My prayer for today...
Thank You Jesus, for Your sacrifice for me. I am sorry that I tend to forget just how much You love me and what You did for me. I am sorry for taking You for granted. I pray that I would see Scripture that I have become so familiar in a new light. Make it come to life within me; Your Word is living and breathing...sharper than any double edged sword...make it so in my life. Amen.






0 What are your thoughts?:
Post a Comment