Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prepare Day 33

Matthew 26:17-35
1. What God said to me today through His Word...
As many times as I have read today's passage in the past, I never picked up on verse 31.  We tend to focus on verses 33-34 where Jesus predicts that Peter will deny Him three times.  Verse 31 says: "Then Jesus told them, 'This very night you will all fall away on account of Me, for it is written: "I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered."'"  (How's that for a quote within a quote within a quote!?!)  Peter was not the only one that would deny Christ during that time.  I would like to think that I would not deny Jesus.  However, how many times do my actions do just that?  With the world getting more and more anti-Christian, it will become more difficult.  I pray that I as well as my fellow believers in Jesus Christ will stand strong and not give in to the worldly ways no matter how difficult it is to stand.
2. What I saw God do today...
Got me through a long day.  I went into my full-time job at 8 a.m.; worked until 5; grabbed some supper before working until 9:30 p.m. at my part-time job.
3. My prayer for today...
Thank You Lord for giving me strength for today.  Please give me the ability and strength to stand up in the midst of trials and temptations.  Help me not to deny You in word or action.  Amen.
The song of the day is "I've Just Seen Jesus" performed by Sandi Patty and Larnelle Harris.

0 What are your thoughts?: