I have not done posted for Then Sings My Soul Saturday for awhile. Today, I was thinking about my alma mater closing it's doors after graduation this month. The people who have attended and been instructed at this place of higher education have made an impact on the city in which it is located as well as cities and towns and countries around the world. Many people have mentioned that they are very sad to see the university close, especially because of the loss of the people who interact with people in a positive way. Students, faculty, and staff have worked and volunteered with a wide range of ministry opportunities from working with the homeless, to tutoring, to student teaching, to working with media and local government. Last weekend when I attended the heritage weekend, it was said that there is still work to be done and we who have had a part in the school will continue to keep the vine growing and impacting our cities, states, countries, and the world. Just because the campus buildings are closing, it does not keep us from growing and living the lives that God has for us. This reminded me of the song I want to share with you today. I first discovered it this past summer when we sang it at my church. It was shortly after that I heard the story behind the song. I am posting that as well. It is well worth the time to watch.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 What are your thoughts?:
Post a Comment