This weekend I attended the Heritage Weekend at my alma mater. It was a great time of seeing college friends. We had great weather as well. It was nice to hear everyone reminiscing; from those who graduated over 50 years ago until the most recent graduates.
My best friend even flew in from SC and we stayed up waaaaaaay too late talking into the wee hours of the morning. It was fun though even if we felt tired the next day!

I went to college with the wife and recruited the husband when I began working in the Admissions office. I believe that this was the first wedding I was invited to as a staff member. Sadly, I was not able to attend. Now they have two beautiful kids!
This couple led the missions trip to Portugal that I went on during my Junior year. He was also the VP of the university at the time.

This is one of the maintenance guys at the university. He and I had this on-going joke: It seemed that every time I saw him, he was on a break...he even gained the nickname of slacker. I caught him actually working (one time) this weekend. I told him I had to get a picture of it. He said that I'd better hurry before he had to take a break. He always had a smile on his face when I saw him and loved to encourage students.
A few of us went over to another friends house just a few blocks from campus to hang out and catch up on each other's lives.
The goofy picture!
Saturday evening I was invited to a graduation cookout for one of my college friend's husbands. He just earned his MBA. This party was hosted at another friend's house who lives just down the street from the college.
Another couple that are friends from college with their 10 month old girl.
My best friend and one of our international friends.

My best friend with the graduate and his wife.
Girlfriends
Friends' children.
This is one of the students I recruited to the college. I don't remember when, how, or why this started, but whenever we say each other we would do the "sign" we had come up with for each of us. When I saw him, I would put my hands and right foot up in the air. When he saw me he would look like he is checking his watch and giving a thumbs up.

Saturday night ended with a bonfire. We worshipped together around the fire and reflected on how faithful God has been in each of our lives. This was followed by a time of communion. I didn't stay to roast s'mores since it was so late and I was exhausted.





1 What are your thoughts?:
Looks like you had a great time. I am concerned that LouAnn has not written any thing for several days. Do you know what is happening? Love, Aunt Arlona
Post a Comment