Monday, June 15, 2009

Yesterday I attended the graduation of one of the kids I babysat years ago when she was just a tot.  A couple summers ago, we reconnected again when she attended Summer Honors College at the college I worked at.  She has grown up to be a sweet young lady.  After spending some time at her party, I left to attend a 60th birthday party for one of the guys in my small group.  We all had fun giving him "Old Guy" birthday cards and gag "Old Guy" gifts.  Here is holding the bingo cards and marker that I got him.  I thought about getting him some "Peeps" but they don't make birthday ones.  There seem to be some for every other holiday now though.  He really likes "Peeps".  Since I couldn't find any, I wrote in his cared that I found an age appropriate game to help him pass his time instead.  He got a chuckle out of it.  
My garden in coming along except for the strawberries.  Below are pictures I took of my spinach, cantaloupe, and carrots last night.  I also have pepper plants, squash and zucchini bushes growing as well.  Thanks to my dad, they didn't start from seeds in my garden, they were already plants when transplanted.  Can't wait to begin harvesting it.  I can't believe how fast the weeds grow.  I'm out there every day and it's been hard to keep up with them!

0 What are your thoughts?: