Last Friday, I volunteered with Trinity Communications as the runner for the Matthew West/Josh Wilson concert. This was the first night of their tour...the first concert tour for Josh Wilson. Both of these guys and their band members were really great! Great personalities, demeanor, as well as musicians. I had a blast helping them throughout the day by running errands, serving them lunch and dinner, assisting Josh with setting up his table, etc. If you have a chance to see them in concert near you, I would recommend it highly! The day began at 9:30 with the bus pulling into the church parking lot. The manager and I ran into each other in the hallway both of us looking for the Trinity people. We finally found them and the artist and their crew were directed to breakfast and the showers. The bus driver was taken to the hotel. I spent my morning watching the stage, sound, and lighting go up as well as helping set up the merchandise tables. Once it was almost time for lunch, I set the food out for everyone. After lunch I took the drummer to Sweetwater and Wal-Mart to pick up a few needed things for the concert. Later that afternoon, I took Matthew West's manager to Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby (to get black paper for Josh), Circuit City, Best Buy, and another electronics place trying to find a few more needed items. When we got back, sound check was almost over and it was time for me to set out supper which was already made up. It was a great meal. After supper, I helped out with the Meet & Greet time (more on that later...). When the concert began, I got to go in and see the concert. During the intermission, I helped clean up the supper dishes and put food away. The manager was so greatful for my help, that she gave me Matthew West's newest CD, "I've Got Something to Say". After the concert, they signed autographs until the long line was through! The tear-down crew was still working on taking down the stage and loading it into the trailer when I left a little after 11 p.m. I was going to go pick up the bus driver from the hotel, but someone else said that they would do that since I had already put in a long day. So, I put my new cd into my car and listened to it on my way home.

This is a picture of Matthew West, Me, and Josh Wilson.
This is Josh Wilson opening up the evening.
Matthew West introducing his next song...

One of the perks of being a runner is sometimes you get to help out with the meet & greet time. One of the families that got to attend was from my church. The 8-year old boy had previously been in my Sunday School class when he was 4 & 5. He is NOT shy by any means and he is a great singer! While I was chatting with his mom while we waited for Matthew and Josh to come by, all of the sudden we heard her son ask someone if he could go on stage. Yes, Matthew had arrived and this little boy then proved that he knew Matthew's song by heart. Well, as you probably guessed by the picture, Matthew West did indeed invite this little guy up on stage giving him a microphone and allowed him to have his few minutes of fame! I am sure this made his night!
A great day...





2 What are your thoughts?:
What a blast!!!! We help head up the Family Life Weekend to Remember in our area, so we get to see alot of the innerworkings and get special perks. It is great fun and wonderful to unite with other believers!
That is amazing! Lucky you!!
Post a Comment