Monday, June 9, 2008

New Environment

I am sitting at the public library checking my e-mail and looking for job postings. What a different atmosphere than what I am used to (quiet office after work)....here it is noisy children and teenagers using language and values that I am not used to being around. Many into things I never even knew existed until my mid to late 20s! The world is becoming less and less innocent. While the internet has become very helpful in keeping in touch with friends and finding information on various things, it has also (in my opinion) help lead to a down-fall in family values. Just in glancing around to find an available computer, I noticed many adults and teens on sites that would (or should) make anyone blush or become embarrassed. I wish I could go back to the days of my naitivity to these things...however, compared to the standards of this day and age I am VERY naive! All this coupled with all the natural disasters (is it just me or does it seems that they are ever increasing!?!) makes me think the return of my Savior is near. I've always been selfish not wanting Him to come back until I have the experience of being married and having children. Now, though I do want to experience those things, would welcome meeting Jesus face-to-face. Again that thought can be self-centered as well...not wanting to have to continue in this negative and depraved society. It would be horrible for those who will be left behind because of their lack of belief and trust in Jesus as their Savior. There is my observation for the day...now I must go back to looking for a job before my time runs out on the computer.

0 What are your thoughts?: