Yesterday morning I woke up to about 6 inches of snow and by the time I got home from work, I had a few more inches on top of that. I spent the next hour plus shoveling my driveway, path between my garage and back door (basically a path through my back yard), and front sidewalk. It is days like this, I want a snowblower! Shoveling this much snow with a shovel really takes a toll. I decided to take a picture to show just how deep the snow is!
In case you can't make out the measurement on the above picture, here is a close-up!
Yes, 10 inches and more expected tonight and this weekend!
I am however happy that it is not the inches of ice that we had just before Christmas which knocked out my power in sub-zero weather for about a week. I was able to go back home in time for Christmas Eve. Some didn't get their power back until after Christmas. I was also fortunate to be able to stay with the parents of my house owners about a block from my house. Yes, you read this right! They had power as did the people across the street from me, however, my block did not have power!
Tonight as I was turning into the alley, I got stuck in the pile of snow that the snow plow left there. Yesterday, I got through, barely...but now with the extra snow from the street, I didn't. Right away, the guy who lives on the corner and the neighbor who lives behind me were right there with their snow blower and shovel respectively and got me un-stuck!
Snow snow...
you are pretty and fun
when you don't cause me to have a tow
Christmas time and birthday you are a welcome sight
also when building snowmen, sledding, and a snowball fight
I also don't mind too much as long as the roads are clear & dry
It's just the slickness and shoveling that make me want to cry
written by JW 1/29/09





2 What are your thoughts?:
So glad to have you blog again. Sorry about all the snow that you have to shovel. It's nice to have Uncle Al and Dave to help move the snow in our driveway. Al has had to get my car "unstuck" in our driveway about 3 times already this winter. Sure hope that the roads are clear when I go to Muskegon Sunday afternoon. So - do you have internet service now? Aunt Arlona
I am also happy that you are again able to post on your blog. I enjoy your thoughts and knowing what is happening in your life. I agree with Aunt Arlona and I am praying that she has an uneventful time in her travel to Muskegon on Sunday. I am so happy that she will be here with me for my surgery.
Love, Aunt Lois
Post a Comment