Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Misc.

Last Sunday, my sister, niece, and I went to see the gingerbread houses that were on display downtown. There were so many nice ones...yes, I do have pictures, but I have yet to download them; so you'll have to wait with much anticipation. It was fun and we topped it off with a gingerbread cookie. My niece came to my house afterwards and helped me decorate for Christmas. My tree is now nicely decorated and my village is all set up. I still need to hang the stockings and set out the manger scenes.
Work has been going well. I am improving every week and they keep adding new things to my repertoire. I do have to say that it is nice to have a full-time job again....while at the same time trying to work a part-time job along with it is very tiring....did I mention that my part-time is retail and it is the gift-buying season!!!
The weekend after Thanksgiving, Mrs. M (she co-owns the place I work at now) called me up and asked if I wanted to go ice skating with her at the park downtown. So, I met her there, rented skates, and made it around the rink 10 times in a half-hour! Let me just say that this was only my 3 time ever ice skating! The first time was when I was in elementary school with the girl scouts; the second was my sophomore year of college as a campus activity. It seems like I am making a pattern of every 10 years or so. Hopefully I won't wait another 10 years before going again. I did enjoy it and improved alot from lap 1 to lap 10! Mrs. M owns her own skates, so after the first lap, she went off on her own. I stayed right next to my friend--the wall!
That is the update for right now. I will try to post the pictures soon.

2 What are your thoughts?:

Arlona Mc said...

I was at the museum yesterday with your parents, Aleta, Ken and Ruby and we enjoyed all the structures very much. I was glad that your mom was there to point out the detail inside of a lot of them. I'm glad that you posted. Aunt Arlona

Sarah M. said...

So good to hear from you again Jennifer!!! I haven't been ice skating for problaby 15 years! I'd only gone like 4 times before that!