Saturday, September 26, 2009

New position and other stuff...

I have accepted a new position and will be working in higher education once again! I will be the new circulation coordinator at a local university. I have missed working with college students since leaving a different university a year and a half ago. I am looking forward to starting my new job on Oct. 5th. The great thing about getting this job, is that I was not out looking for a job and it found me! I had applied for a similar position last year and didn't get it. The head librarian e-mailed me and called me when this position became open and asked me to apply for the position. This position has much better hours and pays a bit more than the one I didn't get, so that is also great!
This morning a half-marathon went through my neighborhood and I went out for a little over an hour and cheered the runners on. The 10th mile marker was right around the corner from my house, so I didn't have to go far. Whenever someone I knew came by, I would jog along side them from the corner to the mile marker. It was really cool that a guy who was blind was running the race and doing very well. He hung onto the arm of another runner who was guiding him along the route. I saw people from all ages, sizes, and athletic ability competing. I got to thinking that I could accomplish it if I began to train and be more active. I already can walk 7 miles at a steady fast pace. It would be great to do this by the time I'm 35 which gives me a little over a year to accomplish this. I probably won't run the entire time and I know I won't win place-wise, but it will give me a sense of accomplishment and be good exercise for me. Anyone want to run with me on race day?

2 What are your thoughts?:

Arlona Mc said...

I will not run with you, but I would like to encourage you to run. If the timing was right, I would come and cheer for you. It would have to work into my schedule though. Congratulations on your new job! God must be "showing off" again. He is so good. Love, Aunt Arlona

LouAnn said...

I hear you! Better said than done for me. I don't have anything that I have accomplished so I don't want to commit to something I am going to bail out in the end or might. Love you and you can do it.