This past week I had the opportunity to go to Michigan for a time of relaxation and seeing family. My parents and I drove the several hour trip on Wednesday evening. On Thursday, my mom and I went to a one-day women's conference. While I waited for my mom to finish in the restroom, a lady approached me commenting on my shirt. She asked if I had been to China and I said yes. She had recently been there too. She told me she had seen the same shirt and wanted to buy it but hadn't yet. I told her that my mom said that people will think that I bought the shirt because of the olympics. The lady said, "Don't worry about it; who cares!" (I had bought it because I had been to China.) Then mom and I went and found seats. After a great time of worship and special music by two sisters, the hostess began to introduce the speaker, Joanna Weaver, author of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. As the introduction went on, I thought..."I wonder if the speaker is the same lady I just talked to?" As the speaker walked onto the stage, I leaned over and told my mom "that's the same lady that asked me about my shirt!" She is very funny and encouraging. We have a lot in common and I was able to relate to her a LOT!
The next day, several members of my extended family went to an amusement park. My aunt and I hung out most of the day together. A couple of my cousins discovered that it is quite the audio experience to ride next to me on roller coasters! Yes, I am terrified of heights, but I love roller coasters! I think that I may finally be getting my full voice back today!
Saturday, was the family reunion. This year's theme was a Hawaiian Luau. As you may see in the following pictures, we had a lot of fun and some of us...ok...maybe most of us...have a crazy side!














At the end of the day, several of us have made it a tradition to walk out to the light house at dusk to view a neighboring town's fireworks from the pier. We witnessed this wonderful sunset as well as a huge coal ship.













2 What are your thoughts?:
So fun to see reunion pictures! We missd it this year due to Dave being on his wilderness camping trip and my family being here. Looks like it was a great time!
Thanks for posting these!
The sunset ones are gorgeous too!
I too am glad to see the reunion pictures! We really missed seeing everyone!
Post a Comment